THEME: TOGETHER A TRANSFORMING DISCIPLESHIP MOVEMENT:
We invite our Church members to pray for the annual administrative gathering of people called Methodists. This year they are meeting in Port Elizabeth from 23 – 27 September, while the Connexional Executive will have met from 21st.
I am a member of both Connexional Executive and Conference in my capacity of Warden of Evangelism in MCSA. Rev Moagi Sekhejane and Gill Fox are currently delegates of our District to Conference. Conference is our final body in all decision making.
Some major areas to be decided are:
- The Stationing of Ministers
- Resolutions from all Districts
- Reports on all finances, insurances, stipend regulations, and pensions etc.
- Doctrinal matters.
- Education for and development of our ministry.
- Mission and ministry.
- Ordination of those who have completed their training journey.
These are not easy matters. The Church needs to be deeply led by God as it engages in many of these sensitive matters.
Blessings of God to you all.